making Christ real in every phase of campers’ lives.
The name Cherith came from the name of the brook the Lord sent the prophet Elijah to for spiritual refreshment (1 Kings 17:1-6).
Minnesota Camp Cherith started in 1947 as camping program for Pioneer Girls. Camp was held in various locations, including Head of the Rapids in St. Croix Park (1957 – 1972). In 1954, the Counselor in Training program (now Camper in Leadership Training or CILT) was started. Many of our staff and camp directors through the years began their leadership training in this program.
Since 1957, Camp Cherith has maintained rigorous accreditation standards through the American Camping Association (ACA). Accreditation is also maintained through Pioneer Clubs.
Our current site in Frazee, Minnesota, was purchased in 1968. Minnesota Camp Cherith became North Central Camp Cherith in 1973 since many campers also come from surrounding states.
states represented by campers
churches represented by campers
camps in North America
Download the Let Light Win App
To better stay connected with a community of Minnesotans all trying to spread light across this great state, download our app for reminders, acts, needs, and encouragement. Do something good, download the app.